What is the status of the Tower?
- Construction continues on the Tower, although slowly while a source of financing is identified to complete the project.
Did the District lose the Tower permit?
- No. The California Department of Health Care Access and Information has directed us to accelerate our progress on construction. The District has hence provided the State with our capital investment plan for the next fiscal year to meet this directive.
How much will it cost to complete the Tower?
- The most recent estimate to complete construction is $100M.
Is the Tulare hospital open?
- Yes! The hospital in Tulare reopened in 2018 and is operated by Adventist Health. Adventist Health is a not for profit organization that owns and operates 25 hospitals in California, Oregon and Hawaii.
Where can I learn more about the purpose and function of Tulare Local Healthcare District?
- The video below provides additional information about Tulare Local Healthcare District's purpose and function as a Special District in California.